Sunday, March 15, 2009

Moonshine Café in Oakville hosts the fabulous Soul Surfers

My Dad passed away just over a year ago. So last night at the Moonshine Café, when Douglas Cameron sang “The Old Man”, his beautiful and haunting ode to his father, I could not hold back the tears.

“I love that old man, I guess I always will.
I remember him standin’, just a stain against the sky,
Holdin’ out his arms while I flew by.”

Toronto-based Soul Surfers is a new band comprised of three artists who are seasoned singer-songwriters in their own rite, in addition to being outstanding instrumentalists. What they do so elegantly on stage is reinforce and embellish each other’s already powerful musical compositions with harmonies and instrumental backup that turns each song into something extraordinary.

Douglas John Cameron, Adam Crossley and Daniel Roth will easily continue to forge successful solo careers in the years to come. Luckily for us they have decided not to just stop there and have given us a lovely gift in their latest collaborative project, Soul Surfers.

Keep up-to-date on Southern Ontario house concert news and events at Living-Room-Concerts.ca

1 comment: